If you are searching for very low-risk investments that can easily be converted into cash then
you might consider certificates of deposit (CDs). A CD is a special type of deposit account with a bank
that typically offers a higher rate of interest than a savings account. In exchange for keeping the money
on deposit for the agreed-on term, institutions usually grant higher interest rates than they do on accounts
from which money may be withdrawn on demand. Unlike other investments, CDs have federal deposit insurance up to $250,000.
Below we list highest/best APY brokered and bank compound interest rates CDs offered online.
Highest Yield FDIC-Insured Online CDs: Discover Bank
- 3 months - 9 months - 0.35% - 0.70% APY;
- 12 months - 1.15% APY;
- 18 months - 1.20% APY;
- 24 months - 1.30% APY;
- Minimum opening deposit: $2,500;
- CD rates that have consistently exceeded the National Averages
- Flexible terms from 3 months to 10 years
- Fund your CD account online from an existing bank account
- FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
||Bank Of America
|12 Months APY
Open an account:
Discover Bank High Yield CDs