Highest Yield FDIC-Insured Online CDs
Best bank and brokered certificates of deposits with highest APY/interest rate in 2017
More often than not, consumers look for the highest yield FDIC-Insured online CDs among the highly-advertised and well-known
large big-name banks such as Bank of America (0.05% APY CDs), Chase (0.01% APY CDs), Citibank (0.15% APY CDs) or Wells Fargo
(0.05% APY CDs).
Although those well-known banks offer quality services, their rates are lower compared with their less-advertised
online competitors. Below is a list of FDIC-Insured CDs offered online
with the highest APY.
Highest Yield FDIC-Insured Online CDs: Discover Bank
- 0.35% - 2.20% APY - 3 months - 10 years term
- 1.15% APY - 12 months term
- 1.20% APY - 18 months term
- 1.30% APY - 24 months term
- Minimum opening deposit: $2,500
- CD rates that have consistently exceeded the National Averages
- Flexible terms from 3 months to 10 years
- Fund your CD account online from an existing bank account
- FDIC-insured up to the maximum allowed by law.
Open an account: Discover Bank CDs 12-month CDs
Top High Yield Brokered CDs
Highest Yield Brokered Online CDs: TD Ameritrade Brokered CDs
- 0.800% APY - 0-1 year term
- 1.400% APY - 1-3 years term
- 1.687% APY - 3-5 years term
- 2.212% APY - 10-20 years term
- Minimum investment for CDs: $2,000
- There is no minimum to open a new TD Ameritrade account
- Buying a CD through TD Ameritrade gives you access to a wide variety of issuers
- CDs are FDIC-insured up to $250,000 per depositor per insured bank, including any interest accrued
- More: TD Ameritrade review »
Open an account:
Join TD Ameritrade. Trade free for 60 days + Get up to $600.
Highest Yield FDIC-Insured Online CDs: USAA Bank
- 0.46% APY - 182 days term
- 0.46% APY - 1 year term
- Minimum opening deposit: $250
- Interest rate is subject to change daily.
- Interest earned can be added to the CD balance or credited to another account monthly
- Make additional deposits of $25 or more at any time without extending the maturity date
- FDIC insured up to applicable limits
Open an account: USAA.com
Highest Yield FDIC-Insured CDs: Edward Jones
- 0.60% APY on 3 months term with a minimum deposit $5,000+.
- 0.65% APY on 6 months term with a minimum deposit $5,000+.
- 0.80% APY on 12 months term with minimum deposit $5,000+.
Open an account: Open an account with Edward Jones.
Highest Yield FDIC-Insured CDs: Raymond James
- 0.05% APY on 3 months term with a minimum deposit $5,000+.
- 0.15% APY on 6 months term with a minimum deposit $5,000+.
- 0.30% APY on 12 months term with minimum deposit $5,000+.
- Minimum opening deposit: $5,000;
Open an account: Open an account with Raymond James.
Highest Yield FDIC-Insured Online Certificates of Deposit (CDs)
If you are searching for very low-risk investments that can easily be converted into cash, then you might consider certificates
of deposit (CDs).
What Is A FDIC-Insured Certificate Of Deposit?
A CD is a special type of deposit account with a bank that typically offers a higher rate of interest than a savings account.
In exchange for keeping the money on deposit for the agreed-on term, institutions usually grant higher interest rates than
they do on accounts from which money may be withdrawn on demand. Unlike other investments, CDs have federal deposit insurance
up to $250,000.
Certificates Of Deposits: Bank vs. Brokered CDs
Brokered CDs are regular CDs, which are issued by banks and other financial institutions and offered through a brokerage firm.
There is a wide variety of CDs with a different maturity range and interest rate offered through a broker. That variety of CDs
allows investors more flexibility in choosing instruments that best suit their investment objectives.
Like regular CDs, brokered CDs are FDIC-insured up to $250,000 per depositor per insured bank or financial institution.